Welcome to Detroit Metro Council
Who We Are
The Detroit Metro Council is an Interclub Council for Figure Skating Clubs located within the State of Michigan. All USFSA-member clubs within the State are eligible to apply for membership. The purposes and goals of the organization are as follow:
- To foster national or international amateur competition in figure skating, and to promote the advancement of figure skating in the Detroit metropolitan area.
- To assist individual figure skaters and skating clubs by providing scholarships, providing educational opportunities for local public schools, and helping special education athletes.
- To represent the Detroit metropolitan area skaters and their parents within the rules and bylaws of the United States Figure Skating Association (“USFSA”).
- To foster inter-club cooperation in testing, competitions, and other events consistent with the Council’s stated objectives and objectives of the USFSA.
- To provide information and assistance to member clubs and to provide advice and guidance when requested by officers and directors of such clubs.
- To provide support and assistance in the development of new clubs desiring affiliation with the USFSA and the Council.
|Vice Pres||William Esteyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Membership Chair||Mary Mossemail@example.com|
- Current Membership Roster (2012-2013 Season)
Useful Information and Forms
- Detroit Metro Council Invitation Letter
- Detroit Metro Council Membership Form (2012/13)
- Detroit Metro Council 2012-2013 Calendar
- Detroit Metro Council Competition Guidelines
- Detroit Metro Council Grant Schedule
- Detroit Metro Council Bylaws (Jan 2009)
- Roster 2009-2010
- DMSC Grants for Schools
The Council owns a Mini-System which is used for judging IJS competitions. This system is available for rental, with preference going to DMC Member Clubs. Contact Jim Achtenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information about this system.