Welcome to Detroit Metro Council
Don't let our name fool you!
The Detroit Metro Skating Council is an Interclub Council for Figure Skating Clubs within the State of Michigan. All USFS member clubs within the State are eligible to apply. By joining, you will be able to leverage assistance and guidance from other member clubs within the State of Michigan and help set and accomplish goals within the Detroit Metro Skating Council’s charter. We meet monthly, typically the first Monday of the month, at 7:30 p.m. at the Detroit Skating Club.
What does the Detroit Metro Skating Council do?
A goal of DMSC is to foster amateur competition in figure skating. Under this charter, Detroit Metro Skating Council:
- financially supports the development of the Michigan High School Team Skating Competitions and still continues to do so.
- owns 2 (two) IJS mini systems to be used for judging IJS competitions. This system is available for rental with preference and lower rates for DMSC member clubs.
- sponsors schools for officials, accountants, and technical specialists in which member clubs are rebated registration costs.
- September 2016, hosted Club Education Plus Seminar which included workshops designed for skaters, coaches, parents and Club Board Members.
- February 2013, hosted Synchro Nationals, and member clubs that volunteered were compensated for hours worked.
|Vice Pres||Bill Goenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Useful Information and Forms
- Detroit Metro Council Competition Guidelines
- Detroit Metro Council Grant Schedule
- Detroit Metro Council Bylaws (Jan 2009)
- DMSC Grants for Schools
The Council owns two IJS Mini-Systems used for judging element identification, and video review at IJS competitions. Both systems are available for rental, with preference going to DMSC Member Clubs. A Technical Accountant selected from the DMSC list must be at the competition. The "A" system is the original system and has an expanded list of Technical Accountants. The "B" system is the Black Magic system, with a more restricted list of Technical Accountants. Contact Jim Achtenberg (email@example.com) for information about both systems.