Welcome to Detroit Metro Council
Who We Are
The Detroit Metro Council is an Interclub Council for Figure Skating Clubs located within the State of Michigan. All USFSA-member clubs within the State are eligible to apply for membership. The purposes and goals of the organization are as follow:
- To foster national or international amateur competition in figure skating, and to promote the advancement of figure skating in the Detroit metropolitan area.
- To assist individual figure skaters and skating clubs by providing scholarships, providing educational opportunities for local public schools, and helping special education athletes.
- To represent the Detroit metropolitan area skaters and their parents within the rules and bylaws of the United States Figure Skating Association (“USFSA”).
- To foster inter-club cooperation in testing, competitions, and other events consistent with the Council’s stated objectives and objectives of the USFSA.
- To provide information and assistance to member clubs and to provide advice and guidance when requested by officers and directors of such clubs.
- To provide support and assistance in the development of new clubs desiring affiliation with the USFSA and the Council.
|Vice Pres||William Esteyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Membership Chair||Mary Mossemail@example.com|
- Current Membership Roster (2012-2013 Season)
Useful Information and Forms
- Detroit Metro Council Invitation Letter
- Detroit Metro Council Membership Form (2013/14)
- Detroit Metro Council 2013-2014 Calendar
- Detroit Metro Council Competition Guidelines
- Detroit Metro Council Grant Schedule
- Detroit Metro Council Bylaws (Jan 2009)
- Roster 2009-2010
- DMSC Grants for Schools
The Council owns two IJS Mini-Systems used for judging element identification, and video review at IJS competitions. Both systems are available for rental, with preference going to DMSC Member Clubs. A Technical Accountant selected from the DMSC list must be at the competition. The "A" system is the original system and has an expanded list of Technical Accountants. The "B" system is the Black Magic system, with a more restricted list of Technical Accountants. Contact Jim Achtenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information about both systems.